- Chair's Welcome Message
- About ETRA
- Educational Research and Evaluation
- Instructional Technology
- Library Information Specialist
- Technology Specialist
- Tech Specialist Online Cohort
- Field Experience
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- College of Education Home
- ETRA Home
Illinois Certification Testing Resources
- APT Fact Sheet
The APT Fact sheet should help candidates understand who should take the test, and which test.
- Study Guide for the APT Test
This is a link to the study guide for the APT (ASSESSMENT OF PROFESSIONAL TEACHING) test.
APT test objectives and information on rational for each section of the test.
- Test Dates
This is a link to test dates. The study guides are also available on this site.
Library Information Specialist is test number 175.
Technology Specialist is test number 178.
- Tutoring Session in NIU Learning Center
This is a link for tutoring sessions in the NIU Learning Center.
Contact the Learning Center for details.
- Study Guide for the Library Information Specialist
A link to the study guide for the Library Information Specialist.
- Study Guide for the Technology Specialist
A link to the study guide for the Technology Specialist.
- Resources for State Learning Standards/Goals
A site to find explanations/rational for state learning goals broken down for each learning area.
- Illinois State Certification and Endorsement Forms
NIU STUDENTS ONLY: When you are about to finish your Library Information Specialist or Technology Specialist coursework contact the ETRA Graduate Advisor (815-753-9321) in the ETRA department.
Special thanks to the College of Education Learning Enhancement Program. Some websites recommended by their “Tips for Passing the Apt” Workshop Resource List 2005.