The FIT Program is sponsored by the NIU Department of Kinesiology & Physical Education. FIT is an exercise program for NIU employees and residents of the surrounding communities. The FIT Program has been serving the NIU Community since the early 1980's and continues to provide affordable and effective exercise opportunities for it's members.
FIT Program Mission
The mission of the FIT Program is to enhance the well-being of the NIU community by offering high quality and convenient exercise opportunities along with scientifically-based health and fitness education. The FIT program also serves the NIU Department of Kinesiology & Physical Education by providing educational experiences for undergraduate and graduate students.
Program Offerings Available to FIT Members
- Group Evercise classes and Fitness Center hours in both Anderson Hall and Gabel Hall.
- Weight training and cardiovascular room with treadmills, upright and recumbent bikes, ellipitcal machines, Precor AMT Cardiovascular machine, rowing machine, and a variety of strength training equipment (machines, resistance bands, exercise balls, free weights)
- Indoor pool for water exercise and lap swim (Anderson Pool)
- Group Exercise classes (land and aquatic)
- FREE Physical fitness assessments (e.g., blood pressure screening, body composition, cardiorespiratory endurance, muscular fitness, and flexibility testing).
- FREE Individualized exercise prescription.
- FREE Educational programs on fitness, health, and nutrition.
- FREE locker and towel service
Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education
Anderson Hall 221
DeKalb, IL 60115
phone: (815) 753-1407
fax: (815) 753-1413