Jane Rheineck, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Counseling
Jane E. Rheineck, Ph.D. has taught classes in clinical skills, counselor identity, counseling ethics, counseling theories, and counseling lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues.
Rheineck has an ongoing program of research and scholarship that focuses on a variety of LGBT issues as well as mentoring and women's issues. Rheineck has authored or co-authored several articles published in the Journal of Mental Health Counseling, Adultspan Journal and the Wisconsin Counseling Journal. She has also published several book chapters including one addressing lesbian health issues and counseling, that has been nationally recognized within the field of LGBT counseling practices.
Rheineck's scholarly work also includes over 30 presentations, most of which are at the national level. The scope of Rheineck's service is broad. She is the current Counselor Education and Supervision program coordinator, The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) liaison, serves on college and university committees and has a presence and holds leadership roles at the national level. Her most recent position is president of the Association for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Issues in Counseling, a division of the American Counseling Association. Other national contributions include but are not limited to organizing career network services for the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision and the Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision.
Ph.D., Counselor Education and Supervision, University of Arkansas
- Rheineck, J.E., Wise, S., and Gregory, A. (In progress). The Effectiveness of a semester long Immersion Course in Counseling Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Clients, NIU IRB # HS13-0161
- Rheineck, J.E., Moe, J., and Roland, C. (Eds.). (2016). Developmental transitions: Considerations for the LGBTQ community across the lifespan. [Special section]. Journal for LGBT Issues in Counseling
- Steinkuller, A., and Rheineck. J.E. (2009). Evidence based therapeutic interventions for bipolar disorder. The Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 31(4), 338-351
- Rheineck, J.E., and Roland, C. (2008). The developmental mentoring relationship between academic women. Adultspan Journal, 9(2), 80-93
- Rheineck, J.E., and Peed, T. (2017). Exploring Values in Career Exploration with Adolescent LGBTQ Clients. In J.S. Whitman and C.J. Boyd (Eds.), The Therapist's Notebook for Sexual and Gender Identity Diverse Clients: Homework, Handouts, and Activities for Use in Counseling, Training, and Psychotherapy (2nd ed.). New York: Harrington Park Press
- Rheineck, J.E. Wise, S, and Williams, J. (2016). Career counseling with lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender clients. In W. Killam, S. Degges-White, and R. Michel (Eds.), Career Counseling Interventions: Practice with Diverse Client. New York: Springer
- Rheineck, J.E., and Lugo, M.M. (2014). Cross-cultural counseling: Engaging ethnic diversity, In D. Capuzzi and M.D. Stauffer (Eds.), Foundations of addictions counseling (3rd ed.). Boston: Allyn and Bacon
- Rheineck, J.E., and Roland, C. (2012). Lesbian health issues. In M.L. Pope and S. Dworkin (Eds.). Case Studies in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Counseling. Alexandria, VA: American Counseling Association