Graduate Assistantship Interview Day
Graduate assistantships (GA) interviews are scheduled and coordinated through a hiring event known as GA Interview Day. This event is open to prospective, admitted and current students in both the Counseling and Higher Education and Student Affairs (HESA) programs. Interviews are conducted virtually via Zoom. GA positions provide valuable experiences in the field of higher education and student affairs and/or counseling while helping cover the cost of graduate school.
Interview day will take place March 7, 2024, for GA positions that begin fall 2024. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Who Can Participate?
- A prospective, admitted or current student in the M.S.Ed. of higher education and student affairs (HESA) program – note, you don't have to be admitted to the academic program but should have started an application.
- An admitted or current student in the M.S.Ed. of counseling program.
Application Process and Timeline
Assistantship information will be provided by the Counseling and HESA programs at their recruitment events and interest sessions. If you are unable to attend an event, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|February 12||Participants receive link to available GA listings and review the job descriptions. You will be able to indicate in your registration which positions you are interested in. We encourage you to apply for all positions of interest, even if you don't think you're qualified. You may have transferable skills, and many positions can be tailored to your interests.|
|February 26||Registration closes|
|March 5||Participants will receive interview schedules and login information via e-mail.|
|March 7||GA Interview Day|
|March 8||Participants complete form by 10 a.m. to rank their potential GA positions. Employers will take your preferences into consideration.|
|Week of March 10||GA offers are extended. Participants will receive one offer. As candidates accept and decline offers, additional offers may be sent out to those still seeking a graduate assistantship over the following weeks.|
Interview Day Details
- Plan to set aside the whole day for interviews. Interviews are scheduled 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Interviews last for 30 minutes.
- Candidates can interview for up to 10 positions.
GA Compensation and Financial Benefits
- The GA position includes full tuition waivers and competitive monthly stipends (students are responsible for fees). Assistantships offered by Residential Life also include apartments, meal plans and parking.
Our students have held assistantships in the following areas:
- Academic Advising
- Asian American Resource Center
- Career Development
- Center for Black Studies
- Counseling Center
- Disability Resource Center
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Gender and Sexuality Resource Center
- Nonprofit and NGO Studies
- Orientation and First-Year Programs
- Residential Life
- Recreation and Student Wellness
- Social Justice Education
- Student Conduct
- Student Engagement and Experiential Learning
- Student Life and Campus Activities
- Student Success Services
- Study Abroad