Mental Health Counseling Internship
If you are enrolled in Counseling, Adult and Higher Educatopm Counseling programs at NIU, you are eligible to apply for internship in the Community Counseling Training Center.
You must meet the following requiremnets to be considered for a counseling internship:
- Be enrolled in one of the following three degree programs:
- M.S.Ed. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.S.Ed. School Counseling
- Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision
- Have successfully completed practicum (CAHC 550 or CAHC 750)
- Plan to register for enrollment in NIU courses CAHC 586 or CAHC 786 while providing counseling as a CCTC intern
- Provide proof of professional liability insurance coverage for the duration of CCTC internship placement
- Have passed a criminal background check within a 24-month period prior to the start of CCTC internship placement
- Attend weekly individual/triadic supervision with the CCTC internship clinical supervisor
- Attend monthly CCTC staff meetings
- Maintain eight hours of non-client working hours in the CCTC each week as assigned
- Duties include: client recruitment, clinic marketing, scheduling support, client reception, clinic intakes community outreach, individual supervision, etc.
- Co-coordinate and facilitate one or two counseling CCTC groups
- Maintain a minimum* client load of six individual clients each week, excluding CCTC closure dates
*Actual client loads are dependent upon client requests received and overall CCTC client load.
- Cover letter expressing interest in CCTC as a primary internship site
- Unofficial transcripts
- Placement availability for scheduling
- Interview availability
Internship in the Community Counseling Training Center is an average 20 hour weekly commitment for two consecutive semesters (actual contract dates will be discussed during applicant interviews).