Students who are in the M.S. Ed. in Instructional Technology, Library Information Specialist, and/or Technology Specialist certification programs are required to complete the comprehensive examination before graduating. The comprehensive exam is in the form of an electronic portfolio. Students should contact the department office during the semester prior to anticipated program completion and graduation to enroll in an information session. The following is the guideline for completing the comprehensive examination.
- M.S.Ed. Comprehensive Exam Portfolio Application (PDF)
- Guidelines for the M.S.Ed. Comprehensive Exam Portfolio (PDF)
- M.S.Ed. Comprehensive Exam Information Session Presentation (PDF)
- Artifact Outline (PDF)
- Artifact Reflection Template (PDF)
- Artifact Narrative Example (PDF)
- Overview of Professional Statement and Goals Statement (PDF)
- Professional Statement Example (PDF)
- Assessment (PDF)
Please attend one of the required information sessions to learn about the portfolio process. Contact the ETRA office for the information session dates usually held at the end and the beginning of each semester. Application to complete the comprehensive examination-portfolio will be distributed only at the information session.
Blackboard Portfolio Building Resources