Computer Skills Exam
If you are a NIU education or pre-education major who believes you have already mastered the topics covered in ETT 229, Computers in Education, and would like the opportunity to waive the ETT 229 prerequisite for ETT 401A or ETT402.
This examination includes both concept and application exercises regarding the following topics:
- Basic computing concepts (including file management).
- Word processing (Microsoft Word).
- Presentation software (Microsoft PowerPoint).
- Spreadsheet applications (Microsoft Excel).
- Internet skills and basic web page creation.
Early registration is strongly recommended as seating is limited to the number of available computers at the testing facility. If you wish to take the exam, you will be registered on a "first come, first served" basis.
To register, call us at 815-753-9339 or stop by Gabel Hall 208, Monday–Friday from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. with the required information:
- Phone number
- Student Z-ID number
- Current e-mail
- Mailing address
- Exam date preference
You may also email us at ETRA@niu.edu, be sure to include the required information.
Fall 2019 Schedule
This exam is administered several times each semester in Gabel Hall 215. You will have three hours to complete the exam.
- Wednesday, Oct.30, 2019, 6-9 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2019, 6-9 p.m.
Spring 2020 Schedule
This exam is administered several times each semester in Gabel Hall 220. You will have three hours to complete the exam.
- Monday, January 20, 2020, 6-9 p.m.
- Saturday, February 22, 2020, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Monday, March 23, 2020, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 6-9 p.m.