So-Yeun Kim, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Adapted Physical Activity
Health promotion through physical activity for individuals with disabilities. Associated with Celebrating Abilities in Physical Education (CAPE).
Ph.D. Oregon State University, Adapted Physical Activity
M.S. Catholic University of Leuven, Adapted Physical Activity
B.S. Ewha Womans University, Physical Education
- Zittel, L. & Kim, S-Y. (in press). Early childhood adapted physical education. In Winnick, J. (6th ed.). Adapted Physical Education and Sports. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Kim, S-Y. & Park, H. (in press). Sources and magnitude of variability in pedometer-determined physical activity levels of youth. Journal of Exercise Rehabilitation.
- Jeong, M., Kim, S-Y., & Lee, E. (2015). Parents’ beliefs and intention toward supporting physical activity participation for their children with disabilities. Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly, 32(2), 93-105.
- Kim, S-Y. & van der Mars (2014). Accuracy of various interval lengths for measuring physical activity levels of children with intellectual disabilities using SOFIT. ICHPERD-SD Asia Journal of Research, 6(2), 65-69.
- Kim, S-Y. (2014). Feasibility of process-oriented assessment approaches for children with cerebral palsy.ICHPERD-SD Asia Journal of Research, 6(1), 1-8.
- Zittel, L.L., & Kim, S-Y., Field testing the TAKE Action for healthy preschoolers intervention. Joint proposal with Henry BW, Umoren J, & Derscheid LE. Co-Principal Investigator, Great Journeys Assistantship. Funded $10,397, Northern Illinois University, 2012-2013.
Funding Under Review
- Henry BW, Zittel LL, Kim, S-Y, Derscheid LE, & Umoren J. TAKE Action for healthy preschoolers: Teaching about activity and kid’s eating. Co-Principal Investigator, NIH R15, $394,238, submitted in June 2015.
- KNPE 591 - Assessment and Program Planning in Adapted Physical Education
- KNPE 597K - Internship: Adapted Physical Education
- KNPE 592 - Clinical Experience in Special Physical Education
- KNPE 574 - Physical Education in the Elementary School
- KNPE 490 - Adapted Physical Education
- KNPE 492 - Special Physical Education Clinic Practicum
- KNPE 453 and 553 - Exercise Program for Adult Special Populations