Marcella Giuliana Otto, Ph.D.
ACUE Distinguished Teaching Scholar
- Human resource engagement in sport organizations
- Sport volunteer engagement
- Organizational behavior and practical applications from a managerial standpoint
- Ph.D., Louisiana State University, Sport Management
- M.S., Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Sport Studies
- B.S, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Sport Administration
- LESM 355- Globalization of Sport
- LESM 360- Sport Event and Facility Management
- LESM 442- Promotion and Marketing of Sport Programs
- LESM 538- Managing the Sport Enterprise
- LESM 542- Sport Marketing and Promotions
- LESM 555- Sport Globalization and International Governance
- LESM 560- Sport Event and Facility Management
- Otto, M. G., Martinez, J. M., and Barnhill, C. R. (2021). Impact of engagement on satisfaction and retention among volunteers at college football bowl games. Journal of Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics, 14, 387-410.
- Svensson, P., Jeong, S., Shuck, B., and Otto, M. G. (2021). Antecedents and outcomes of employee engagements in non-profit sport organizations. Sport Management Review, 24(4), 673-696.
- Otto, M. G., Martinez, J. M., and Barnhill, C. R. (2020). The transitioning process: A qualitative study of international swimming and diving student-athletes competing in the NCAA. Journal of Amateur Sport, 6(1), 52-80.
- Otto, M. G., Martinez, J. M., and Barnhill, C. R. (2019). How the perception of athletic academic services affects the overall college experience of freshmen student-athletes. Journal of Athlete Development and Experience, 1(1), 40-52.
- Martinez, J. M., Barnhill, C. R., Otto, M. G., and Mosso, E. (2019). Perceptions of service quality among recreational fitness professionals. Recreational Sports Journal, 43(1), 35-42.
- Seifried, C. S., Downs, B., Otto, M. G., and Mamo, Y. (2018). Enhancing sport management programs through interdisciplinary research centers. Journal of Global Sport Management. Advance online publication. doi:10. 1080/24704067.2018.1531681
- Barnhill, C. R., Otto, M. G., and Phillips, K. (2018). Referents and expectations: A qualitative case study of student-athletes’ psychological contracts. Journal of Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics, 11, 1-23.
Recently Funded Projects
Otto, M. G., and Shiver, V. N. (2020). Northern Illinois University, College of Education Dean’s Grant for Partnerships 2020, PI. Project Title: Experiential Learning through Teaching and Marketing a Virtual Afterschool Program. Amount Awarded: $2500