Tyler Wood, Ph.D., ATC
- Traumatic brain injury
- Motor control and learning
- Human gait and balance
- Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Kinesiology
- M.S., Saint Louis University, Health Sciences
- M.A.T., Saint Louis University, Athletic Training
- B.S., Saint Louis University, Exercise Science
- Wood TA, Hernandez ME, Sosnoff JJ. Age-related differences to neck muscle activation latency as a potential risk factor to fall-related traumatic brain injuries. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 2020;51.
- Wood TA, Richards KAR, Sosnoff JJ. Encouraging Undergraduate Student Experiential Learning through a Community-Based Fall Risk Assessment and Prevention Clinic. International Journal of Kinesiology in Higher Education, 2020.
- Wood TA, Sosnoff JJ. Age-related differences to neck range of motion and muscle strength: potential risk factors to fall-related traumatic brain injuries. Aging Clinical and Experimental Research, 2019.
- Wood TA, Morrison S, Sosnoff JJ. The role of neck musculature in traumatic brain injuries in older adults: implications from sports medicine. Frontiers in Medicine – Geriatric Medicine, 2019;6(53).
- Wood TA, Moon Y, Sun R, Bishnoi A, Sosnoff JJ. Age-related head impact and acceleration differences during sideways falls. BioMed Research International, 2019.
- Wood TA, Grahovec NE, Hill C. Implementing Creative Medical Investigations as a Tool to Enhance Critical Thinking in Athletic Training Students. 2019. NIU College of Education Dean’s Instructional innovation Grant. ($2,500)
- Hill C, Wood TA, Sebastiao E. The Neural Correlates of Reinforcement Feedback during Motor Learning in Healthy Elderly: A Pilot Study. 2019. NIU College of Education Dean’s Research Grant. ($2,500)
- Wood TA, Ballard RA, Zimmerman J, Sosnoff JJ. Sub-Concussive Head Impacts in Collegiate Divers. 2019. Carle Foundation Hospital. ($5,000)
- KNPE 491 – Therapeutic Exercise
- KNPE 427 – Clinical Proficiencies in Athletic Training: Exercise and Rehabilitation
- KNPE 326 – Therapeutic Modalities and Treatment of Athletic Injuries
- KNPE 432 – Organization and Administration in Athletic Training