Athletic Training Scholarships
The College of Education and the Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education offer a variety of scholarships.
Al Kranz Student Athletic Training Scholarship
Scholarship for a full-time undergraduate junior or senior student in the athletic training program who has completed at least 300 clinical experience hours. For more information, contact the athletic training program director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: September 29
For more information about other scholarships offered in KNPE and the College of Education, visit the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office.
National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA)
- Annual Student Writing Contest: submit a paper to the Journal of Athletic Training. Winner receives an $800 award.
- Bobby Gunn Student Leadership Award: District winners receive complimentary conference registration plus $500 to assist with travel expenses.
- NATA Foundation: the foundation provides approximately 70 student member scholarships annually, each worth $2,000.
Illinois Athletic Trainers’ Association (IATA)
- Dr. Richard Dominguez Memorial Scholarship: an undergraduate scholarship available to a college of high school student athletic trainer who is currently enrolled or has been accepted into an Athletic Training educational program as an undergraduate. One $1,000 scholarship is available annually.
- Graduate Scholarship: available to a college student athletic trainer who is currently enrolled or has been accepted into a post-graduate Athletic Training education program. One $500 scholarship is available annually.
- Dr. John Jevitz Continuing Education Scholarship: available to a licensed member of the IATA, Inc., who is pursuing post-graduate studies on a part-time basis. Two $250 scholarships are available annually.
- Offspring Scholarship: available to an offspring of a certified/licensed member of the Illinois Athletic Trainers’ Association, Inc. This student must be currently enrolled in or accepted into a college, or university, regardless of major. Two $500 scholarships are available annually.
- IATA Living Memorial Scholarship: an undergraduate scholarship available to a college or high school student athletic trainer who is currently enrolled or has been accepted into an Athletic Training Educational Program as an undergraduate. The applicant must be a student member of the IATA at the time of application. One $1,000 scholarship is available annually. More information
- Robert C. Hamilton Award: presented to the student scoring the highest total score on the BOC examination for the previous year. To be eligible for the award the student must be a member of the IATA and have passed the exam on their first attempt. One $1,000 award is given annually.
Great Lakes Athletic Trainers' Association (GLATA)
There are five (5) undergraduate/graduate scholarships available from the Great Lakes Athletic Trainers' Association:
- GLATA Living Memorial William E. Newell Scholarship: $2,500 award granted to one graduate and one undergraduate applicant
- GLATA Living Memorial Scholarship: $1,000 award granted to one graduate applicant and two undergraduate applicants
- GLATA Living Memorial Doctoral Scholarship: given to a Certified Athletic Trainer member of District IV who has completed all requirements for a terminal degree, excluding their dissertation.
- Athletic Training (B.S.)
Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education
Anderson Hall 221
DeKalb, IL 60115