Adjunct Instructor, Foundations of Education
Faculty Co-Advisor – Green Paws, CommUniversity Garden
Faculty representative NIU Green Team Sustainability Committee
- M.S.Ed. Northern Illinois University, Curriculum and Instruction, Outdoor Teacher Education.
- B.S. University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point, Natural Resource Management.
The use of Sustainability Education as a tool to create cultural change. Current focus is providing College of Education students with experiences that will prepare them as teachers to use gardening and food production as an educational agent for change.
Recipient of several state and national awards for the development and implementation of field-based experiential learning initiatives.
Featured as one of education’s Green Heroes on Edutopia, 10/3/2007
- Illinois State Board of Education – Those Who Excel
- Illinois Teacher of the Year 2000 – runner up
- North America Association for Environmental Education
- Milken Family Foundation
- President’s Award for Environmental Education
Department of Leadership, Educational Psychology and Foundations
Graham Hall 223