Benjamin M. Creed, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Educational Administration
Leadership, Educational Psychology and Foundations (LEPF)
- Principal and administrator preparation
- School choice and marketization
- Economics of education
- Policy and program evaluation
- Research practice partnerships
- Ph.D., Educational Policy, Economics of Education, Michigan State University (2016)
- M.Ed., International Educational Policy and Management, Vanderbilt University (2011)
- B.A., Philosophy, Tulane University (2005)
Selected Courses Taught
- LEEA 520: Education Finance I
- LEEA 554: Policy Analysis for School Administrators
- LEEA 700: Nature and Theory of Administration
- LEEA 720: Education Finance and Asset Management
- LEEA 745: Survey of Research in Educational Administration
- LEEA 754: Politics of Educational Administration
- LEEA 798: Research Seminar in Educational Administration
- Jabbar, H., and Creed, B. (2020). Choice, Competition, and Cognition: How Arizona Charter School Leaders Interpret and Respond to Market Pressures. Peabody Journal of Education, 95(4), 374-391.
- Cowen, J. and Creed, B. (2017). The impact of Schools of Choice: evaluating the effect of participating in Michigan’s open enrollment program on student achievement. AERA Open, 3(3) 1-12.
- Chudgar, A. and Creed, B. (2016). How are private school enrolment patterns changing across Indian districts with a growth in private school availability?, Oxford Review of Education, 42(5), 543-560.
- Ferkany, M. and Creed, B. (2014). Intellectualist Aristotelian Character Education: An Outline and Assessment. Educational Theory, 64 (6) 567-587.
- Creed, B., Summers, K. H., and Klein, J. (2020). High School-to-College Success: A Report and a Blueprint for Future Work. Northern Illinois University: P-20 Research and Data Collaborative.
- Creed, B., Kim, Y., Klein, J., Summers, K. H., and Pavkov, T. (2020). A Data Overview of Prevention Initiative and Preschool for All Programs in Illinois from 2012-2018. Northern Illinois University: P-20 Research and Data Collaborative.
- Pavkov, T., Summers, K. H., Klein, J., Creed, B., Rosemond, C., Clemens, A.J., Granger, K., Kim, Y., Ascencio, A., Collins, B. and Bergquist, E. (2020). Preschool Development Grant Expansion: A Descriptive Study in Illinois. Northern Illinois University: P-20 Research and Data Collaborative.
Selected Grant Work
- Project evaluator, Building capacity and collaborations to prepare equity-minded STEM teachers at North Central College, National Science Foundation (with co-evaluators Todd Reeves, Jason Klein), $75,000
- Co-principal investigator, Data FIRST: High School-to-College Success, Illinois State Board of Education (with co-principal investigators Jason Klein and Kelly Summers), $249,810
- Co-principal investigator, Data FIRST: Analysis of the Prevention Initiative and Preschool for All Programs, Illinois State Board of Education (with co-principal investigators Marilyn Bellart, Tom Pavkov and Kelly Summers), $249.941
- Co-principal investigator, Early Childhood Pre-School Development Expansion Grant Evaluation, Illinois State Board of Education (with co-principal investigators Marilyn Bellart, Tom Pavkov and Kelly Summers), $260,677
Department of Leadership, Educational Psychology and Foundations
Graham Hall 223