Associate Professor Emeritus
DepartmentLeadership, Educational Psychology and Foundations (LEPF)
- Women in leadership with special attention on diversity, culture, and race.
- Social justice
- Policy and democratic ethical decision making in educational leadership
- Ed.D., Adult Education, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois
- M.S., Education, National Louis University, Evanston, Illinois
- B.A., Education, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois
- Presidential Commission on the Status of Minorities Deacon Davis Diversity Award. The purpose of this award is to recognize significant contributions made to the improvement of the status of minorities on campus and in the community (2015)
- National Hispanic Hero Award, National Latino Education Institute. This was an unexpected honor. WGN anchor/reporter Lourdes Duarte served as master of ceremonies for the event (2012)
- Top Ten Teaching Award, Department of Leadership and Educational Policy Studies, College of Education, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois (1995)
- Lopez, R. (2013). High Stakes Testing, Demographic Shifts and Failing Schools: Why Students Can’t Tell Right from Wrong. In William C. Frick, Ph.D. Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies. Jeannine Rain bolt College of Education. University of Oklahoma (Eds.), Educational Management Turned on its Head: Exploring a Professional Ethic for Educational Leadership (pp. 179-197 Ch 12 28 pages). New York, NY: Peter Lang International Academic Publishers / Em:c3 Series / Peter Lang Publishing Incorporation
- Lopez, R. (2013). An Exercise in Tempered Radicalism: Seeking the Intersectionality of Gender, Race, and Sexual Identity in Educational Leadership Research. In Linda C. Tillman, James Joseph Scheurich (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Educational Leadership for Equity and Diversity (pp. 758 pages). New NY: Routledge Publishers
- Lopez, R. (2012). The Latino PhD Problem. Where are They? (No 2 ed., vol. Vol 13 No 2, pp. 4). 15443 Knoll Trail, Suite 210 Dallas, Texas, 75248 p: 214-206-4966 f: 214-206-4970: Latino Leaders.
- Graham, S., Emery, S., Hall, R., Lopez, R. (2012). Do you Transform your Own Identity?. Identity: Passport to Success. New York, NY: Pearson Education, Inc.
- Lopez, R. (2011). Latina Women of all Sexualities in Educational Leadership. In Linda C. Tillman and James Joseph Scheurich, Co-Editors (Eds.), AERA Handbook of Research on Educational Leadership for Diversity and Equity. Washington, DC 20005: American Educational Research Association
- Lopez, R. (2010). Educational Management. A Critical Reader (pp. Chapter 12 / 28 pages). 29 Broadway New York, NY 10006: Peter Lang International Academic Publishers / Em:c3 Series / Peter Lang Publishing Incorporation
- Lopez, R. (2005). The Top Five Obstacles: Reaching Emerging Diverse Populations. Madison, WI: The Economic Summit for Emerging Populations
- Lopez, R. (2004). Gender and Cultural Dimensions towards widening access to new knowledge in Educational Leadership and Management. British Educational Leadership, Management and Administration Society BEMAS Monographs
- Lopez, R. (2003). Latinas in Leadership: Strategies That Work. Westport, CN: Greenwood Publishing Group, Inc.
- Lopez, R. (2002). Completing research on Hispanic Women in Educational Leadership positions working in multicultural Contexts. Making Space Book.
- Lopez, R., Smith, L. G. (2000). Social Cohesion or Individual Excellence? Searching for Opportunity and Community in the United States of America. Allyn and Bacon.
- Lopez, R. (2000). Women in Administration. Westport, CN: Greenwood Publishing Group, Inc.
- Hudson, J., Wesson, L., Lopez, R. (1998). In Irby, B. & Brown, G. (Eds.), What women of color bring to school leadership (pp. 43-49). Kendall Hunt Publishing Co.
- Lopez, R. (1997). Gender, Culture, and Language in School Administration: Another glass ceiling for Hispanic females (2nd ed., vol. 1, pp. 10). Sam Houston State University Research and Sponsored Programs: Advancing Women in Leadership
- Fulmer, C. L., Lopez, R. (1997). Rethinking learning cultures: Themes from educational leadership cohort stories. NCPEA, The National Council of Professors of Educational Administration Yearbook.
- Lopez, R. (1996). Gender, culture and language in school administration: Another glass ceiling for the Hispanic female (1st ed., vol. 2). Psychline: Inter-Transdisciplinary Journal of Mental Health
- Lopez, R. (1996). The impact of understandable instruction on the mental health of Latinos (2nd ed., vol. 1). Psychline: Inter-Transdisciplinary Journal of Mental Health
- Lopez, R. (1994). No turning back: An autobiography (2nd ed., vol. 13). Ashland University, Ashland, OH: Vitae Scholasticae
Department of Leadership, Educational Psychology and Foundations
Graham Hall 223