Greg Conderman, Ed.D.
Professor, Special Education
DepartmentSpecial and Early Education (SEED)
- Ed.D., Special Education, University of Northern Colorado
- M.A., Special Education, University of Northern Iowa
- B.A., Special Education, University of Northern Iowa
Greg Conderman, professor, taught middle and high school special education for several years and was an educational consultant before entering higher education.
Prior to coming to NIU, Greg taught at the University of Nebraska-Kearney, the University of Wisconsin-Eau Clarie, and St. Ambrose University in Davenport, Iowa. He currently teaches courses in secondary special education, inclusion at the elementary level, and inclusion at the secondary level.
Greg's research interests are co-teaching, strategy, instruction, and collaboration. He has written two books published by Corwin Press as well as over 100 peer-reviewed articles in professional journals. He also provides professional staff development to teachers in various school districts.
SESE 260 Observation of Individuals with Disabilities in Community and/or School Settings
SESE 444: Instructional Methods and Strategies for Middle and Secondary Students with Mild Disabilities
SESE 449 Early Field Experience in Special Education: Middle/Secondary
SESE 457/557 Methods for Including Middle and Secondary Students with Exceptionalities in the General Education Classroom
- Reib, C., Andzik, N., & Conderman, G. (2020). Seven steps to support student self-monitoring. New Teacher Advocate, 27(3), 16-17.
- Conderman, G. (2019). Mnemonics for the middle grades. The Clearing House, 92(3), 71-77.
- Liberty, L. M., & Conderman, G. (2019). Preparing middle level students to compose short answer responses. The Clearing House, 92(3), 93-100.
- Conderman, G., & Hedin, L. (2019). Pairing teachers for effective co-teaching teams. Kappa Delta Pi Record, 55(4), 169-173.
- DeSpain, S. N., Conderman, G., & Gerzel-Short, L. (2018). Fostering family engagement in middle and secondary schools. The Clearing House, 91(6),236-242. doi: 1080/00098655.2018.1524743
- Gerzel-Short, L., Conderman, G., & DeSpain, S. (2018). Supporting paraprofessionals: Tips for enhanced collaboration. Kappa Delta Pi The Record, 54(4), 152-157.
- Conderman, G., & Liberty, L. M. (2018). Establishing parity in co-taught classrooms. The Clearing House, 91(6), 222-228.
- Liberty, L. M., & Conderman G. (2018). Using self-regulated strategy development model to support middle level writing. The Clearing House, 91(3),118-123.
- Conderman, G., Liberty, L., & DeSpain, S. (2017). Understanding accommodations, modifications, and interventions. Kappa Delta Pi Record, 53(2),70-75. doi: 10.1080/00228958.2017.1299545
- Conderman, G., & Hedin, L. (2017). Differentiating study guides. Intervention in School and Clinic, 53(1), 19-27.
- Conderman, G., & Hedin, L. (2017, June). Five ways to promote parity in secondary co-taught LD Forum.
- Conderman, G., & Hedin, L. (2017). Two co-teaching applications: Suggestions for school Kappa Delta Pi Record, 53(1), 18-23.