Greg Conderman, Ed.D.
Chair, Professor, Special Education
DepartmentSpecial and Early Education (SEED)
- Ed.D., Special Education, University of Northern Colorado
- M.A., Special Education, University of Northern Iowa
- B.A., Special Education, University of Northern Iowa
Greg Conderman, professor, taught middle and high school special education for several years and was an educational consultant before entering higher education.
Prior to coming to NIU, Greg taught at the University of Nebraska-Kearney, the University of Wisconsin-Eau Clarie, and St. Ambrose University in Davenport, Iowa. He currently teaches courses in secondary special education, inclusion at the elementary level, and inclusion at the secondary level.
Greg's research interests are co-teaching, strategy, instruction, and collaboration. He has written two books published by Corwin Press as well as over 100 peer-reviewed articles in professional journals. He also provides professional staff development to teachers in various school districts.
SESE 444: Instructional Methods and Strategies for Middle and Secondary Students with Mild Disabilities
- Conderman, G. J. (2016). How to collaborate through teams. Kappa Delta Pi Record 52 (2), 71-75.
- Short-Gerzel, L., and Conderman, G. (2016). Five ways to collaborate with families regarding tiered instruction. LD Forum, 2-6.
- Mohammed, S. F., Walker, D. A., Conderman, G., and Pisapia, J. (2016). Implementing scientific-based research: Learning from the history of the Reading First program. Educational Research for Policy and Practice, 15(1), 27-40.
- Conderman, G. J., and Hedin, L. R. (2015). Differentiating instruction in co-taught classrooms for students with emotional/behaviour difficulties. Journal of Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties, 20(4), 349-361.
- Conderman, G. J., and Hedin, L. R. (2015). Using cue cards in inclusive middle school classrooms. The Clearing House, 88(5), 155-160.
- Conderman, G. J. (2015). Assistive Technologies: A lifeline for learning. Kappa Delta Pi The Record, 51, 173-178.
- Jung, M., and Conderman, G. J. (2015). Using digital technology to support mathematics instruction in preschool classrooms. Young Children, 70, 64-69.
- Conderman, G. J., and Walker, D. A. (2015). Assessing dispositions in teacher preparation programs. The Teacher Educator, 50(3), 215-231.
- Conderman, G. J., and Jung, M. (2015). Collaboration starts with you. The Teacher Advocate, 22(3), 18-19.
- Hedin, L. R., and Conderman, G. J. (2015). Shared promises and challenges of co-teaching: General-special education mentor and pre-service partnerships. Action in Teacher Education, 37(4), 397-417.
- Conderman, G. J., and Hedin, L. R. (2015). Using cue cards throughout the K-12 curriculum. The Record, 51(1), 24-30.