The Department of Special and Early Education offers degrees in early childhood education, special education, and in the vision field. Our programs are accredited by leading bodies, including the Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired, the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation and the Behavior Analyst Certification Board, Inc. We view diversity as a strength, learning as a reciprocal process, teaching as an art and a science, and service as a responsibility.
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Early Childhood Education
- Special Education, Learning Behavior Specialist I
- Special Education, Visual Impairments
Special Education Endorsement
- For current NIU Students pursuing Teacher Licensure who wish to add the Special Education endorsement to their license.
Why SEED? Why NIU?
Graduate Degree Programs
- SEED Home
- Academic Programs
- Early Childhood Education (B.S.Ed.)
- Special Education, Learning Behavior Specialist I (B.S.Ed.)
- Early Childhood Education (M.S.Ed.)
- Special Education, Advanced Special Education Practices (M.S.Ed.)
- Special Education, Early Childhood (M.S.Ed.)
- Special Education, Learning Behavior Specialist I (M.S.Ed.)
- Special Education, Vision Programs (B.S.Ed. and M.S.Ed.)
- Certificates of Graduate Study
- Current Student Resources
- Current Teacher Resources
- Contact Us
Department of Special and Early Education
Gabel Hall 159