Skip navigation

Academic Reinstatement Appeal Guidelines

Students who have been dismissed from the College of Education and have been away for at least one spring or fall semester may apply for reinstatement by providing a written petition for reinstatement via the Office of Admissions.

Appeal letters should include information that would explain the reason for academic difficulty including, but not limited to:

  • What prevented you from being academically successful
  • Extenuating circumstance(s) that lead to the academic difficulty
    • Medical issue, family issue, etc.
  • What would be different if you were allowed to return
  • What you have been doing since leaving the University
  • Your intended major and the reason for choosing that major
  • Identify resources that you would utilize if allowed to return

The College of Education will not consider a reinstatement appeal to return as undecided education major.