Mary F. English Technology Award
The Mary F. English Technology Award (MFETA) was established at Northern Illinois University in September of 2000 by donors Dr. Robert and Mrs. Mary English. The Award assists and supports students in the College of Education through professional development opportunities supporting technology in the classroom. Award recipients receive current technology equipment for their academic, personal and professional use. Recipients develop technical skills and gain experience utilizing technology as learning and informational tools.
To be considered for the Mary F. English Technology Award, an applicant must:
- Be a full time, degree-seeking undergraduate student, pursuing a teacher preparation program in the Northern Illinois University College of Education, and meet one of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled and in good standing
- Newly admitted freshman with a minimum ACT of 20
- Newly admitted transfer student in good standing
- Submit an applicant statement reflecting interest in teaching as a profession.
- Submit a statement of need reflecting financial need and/or physically disadvantaged status.
Recipients of the Mary F. English Technology Award will be awarded in the Fall semester. The decisions of the committee are final.
Expectations of the Award
- Continued full time enrollment as an undergraduate degree-seeking student in a teacher preparation program within the Northern Illinois University College of Education.
- Maintain good academic standing.
- Attend all assigned meetings, events and workshops.
- Submit a “thank you” letter to Robert and Mary F. English acknowledging their generosity and support.
Contact UsCollege of Education Student Services
8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.