Donna Werderich, Ed.D.
Associate Professor, Literacy Education
- Ed.D., Northern Illinois University
- M.S., Northern Illinois University
- B.A., Concordia University
Professor Werderich teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in language arts and writing methods. Her research interests include adolescent literacy, motivation and strategy instruction in writing and teacher education.
Werderich, D.E., McGinty, A., & Rosenstock, B. (In press). Biographies in focus: A framework for supporting biography writing in the classroom. Illinois Reading Council Journal
Werderich, D.E., & Manderino, M. (2014). The multimedia memoir: Leveraging multimodality to facilitate the teaching of narrative writing for preservice teachers. In Ferdig, R. & Pytash, K. (Eds.). Exploring multimodal composition and digital writing (pp. 316-330). Hershey, PA: IGI Global
Werderich, D.E., & Armstrong, S.L. (2013). Examining the conceptualizations,preferences, and practices of adolescent writers. Literacy Research and Instruction, 52(4), 339-373
Farris, P. A., McGinty, A., & Werderich, D. E. (in−press). Turning kids on to science through biographies.Science and Children.
- Illinois Reading Educator of the Year Award, College Category, Illinois Reading Council. (2013)
- International Reading Association's 2010-2011 Local Council Community Service Award Committee
- Editorial Review Board, Middle Grades Research Journal, 2008-present
- Excellence in Teaching and Campus Leadership, Rockford College. (2007)
- Editorial Review Board, Teacher Education Quarterly
- Editorial Review Board, Reading Horizons
- Editorial Review Board, Illinois Reading Council Journal
- LTLA 341: Language Arts in the Elementary School
- LTLA 543: Writing in the Elementary School
- LTLA 760: Seminar in Elementary Education: Language Arts
Graham Hall 119A
Department of Curriculum and Instruction
Gabel Hall 147