Online Accelerated M.S.Ed. in Instructional Technology
K-12 Technology Specialist
Think you're too busy to become a trailblazer in instructional technology? Think again. Four semesters is all you'll need to complete our online accelerated M.S.Ed. in Instructional Technology degree with a K-12 Technology Specialist Entitlement*. And we're ready when you are: New cohorts begin each year! You'll meet online for coursework grouped to integrate complementary topics, and attend occasional pre-scheduled, face-to-face meetings each term at NIU campuses. You'll also enjoy the professional collaboration and continuity of a cohort through shared experiences and networking. Our program meets Illinois State Board of Education standards.
If you hold a baccalaureate degree (or higher), submit your application and application fee, letters of recommendation, official test scores (GRE or MAT), a statement of purpose and official transcripts from all institutions attended.
We're the state's largest public university producer of Educational Technology graduates. Our online M.S.Ed. in Instructional Technology program is among our online graduate programs ranked No. 26 in the country for 2020, according to U.S. News & World Report. This marks our eighth consecutive spot among the nation's top ten percent. Our faculty-designed online graduate courses received the Blackboard Best Online Course Design Award for the last five years.
- ETT 510: Instructional Media and Technology
- ETT 570: IT Administration
- ETT 592: Learn-IT Orientation to Online Learning
- ETT 535: Distance Ed. Design and Delivery
- ETT 536: Web Based Learning
- ETT 553: Professional Standards in IT
- ETT 573: Instructional Technology Facilities
- ETR531/ETR537 Program Evaluation/Learning Analytics
- ETT511/ETT556 Visual literacy/User Experience Design
- ETT 560: Instructional Design
- ETT 569: Practicum
- ETT 587: Comprehensive Exam, ePortfolio
- ETT 592: Learn-IT