Cindy York, Ph.D.
My interests are expert/novice research, online learning and teaching, instructional design, technology integration and teacher education. Most recently I've been examining active learning, mathematics education and TACTivities. TACTivities are tactile activities that can be done face to face or online and can increase engagement, communication and collaboration skills.
- Ph.D. 2010 Educational Technology, Department of Curriculum and Instruction Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Dissertation: Instructional Design Heuristics
- Advisor: Peggy A. Ertmer, Ph.D.
- M.S. 2000 Computer and Information Technology, Database Management Systems Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- B.A. 1994 Elementary Education, Department of Curriculum and Instruction Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- B.A. 1994 Psychological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- ETT 743: Seminar: Instructional Technology Problems
- ETT 742: Seminar: Instructional Technology Research
- ETT 741: Seminar: Instructional Technology Theory
- ETT 740: Seminar: Educational Technology Foundations
- ETT 590: Instructional Technology Tools Workshop
- ETT 561x/ETT 492: Human Resource Development
- ETT 560: Instructional Design I
- ETT 555: Media Design: Multimedia
- ETT 535: Distance Education: Design and Delivery
- ETT 511: Advanced Instructional Media Design
- ETT 510: Instructional Media and Technology
- ETT 430 Survey – Instructional Technology
View the full list of selected publications.