Jason Rhode, Ph.D.
Executive Director of the Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning
My research interests focus upon the intersection of faculty development, institutional instructional technology integration and support, distance learning administration, and online teaching best practices.
- Ph.D., Instructional Design for Online Learning, Capella University, 2008
- M.Ed., Curriculum and Instruction, Seattle Pacific University, 2003
- B.A., Children's Ministries, North Central University, 2000
- ETT 329: Learning in the Digital Age
- ETT 510: Instructional Media and Technology
- ETT 511: Advanced Instructional Media Design
- ETT 536: Web-based Learning
- ETT 555: Media Design: Multimedia
- ETT 570: Instructional Technology Leadership
- ETT 571: Instructional Technology Program Development
- ETT 590: Online Learning and Orientation
- Rhode, J., Richter, S., Gowen, P., Miller, T. and Wills, C. (2017). Understanding faculty use of the learning management system. Online Learning, 21(3), 68-86. doi:10.24059/olj.v21i3.1217
- Cowan, J., Richter, S., Miller, T., Rhode, J., Click, A., and Underwood, J. (2017). Building a sustainable Quality MattersTM community of practice through social network analysis. The American Journal of Distance Education, 31(3), 160-172. doi:10.1080/08923647.2017.1316154
- Rhode, J., Richter, S., and Miller, T. (2017). Designing personalized online teaching professional development through self-assessment. TechTrends, 61(5), 444-451. doi:10.1007/s11528-017-0211-3
- Rhode, J., and Krishnamurthi, M. (2016). Preparing faculty to teach online: Recommendations for developing self-paced training. International Journal of Information and Educational Technology, 6(5), 376-382. doi:10.7763/IJIET.2016.V6.717
- Rhode, J., Richter, S., Gowen, P., and Krishnamurthi, M. (2015). Measuring digital professional development: Analytics for the use of web and social media. Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education, 7(1), 19-31. doi:10.1108/JARHE-02-2014-0023
- Rhode, J., and Krishnamurthi, M. (2013). A consultations tracking database system for improving faculty development consultation services. To Improve The Academy, 32, 199-214.
- Rhode, J. (2009). Interaction equivalency in self-paced online learning environments: An exploration of learner preferences. The International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, 10(1). doi:10.19173/irrodl.v10i1.603