Todd Reeves, Ph.D.
DepartmentEducational Technology, Research and Assessment (ETRA)
Assessment, teacher education and development, and educational technology.
- Ph.D, Educational Research, Measurement, and Evaluation, Boston College
- M.A., Educational Psychology, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
- B.A., Psychology, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
- ETR 230: Using Data to Evaluate Programs, Policies, and Products
- ETR 430: Classroom Assessment in Elementary Education
- ETR 501: Proseminar in Educational Research and Evaluation
- ETR 520: Introduction to Educational Research
- ETR 521: Educational Statistics I
- ETR 522: Educational Statistics II
- ETR 528: Educational Assessment
- ETR 529: Principles of Educational Measurement
- ETR 555: Technology-Enhanced Assessment
- ETR 592/792: Item Response Theory: Binary Response Models; Polytomous Item Response Theory Models; Instrument Design and Development
- ETR 720: Advanced Research Methods in Education
- Hamilton, V., Onder, Y., Andzik, N., and Reeves, T. D. (2022). Do Data-Driven Decision-Making Efficacy and Anxiety Inventory scores mean the same thing for pre-service and in-service teachers? Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, 40(4), 482-498.
- Reeves, T. D., Hamilton, V., and Onder, Y. (2022). Which teacher induction practices work? Linking forms of induction to teacher practices, self-efficacy, and job satisfaction. Teaching and Teacher Education, 109.
- Reeves, T. D., Onder, Y., and Abdi, B. (2020). Validation of the Data-Driven Decision-Making Efficacy and Anxiety Inventory (3D-MEA) with U.S. pre-service teachers. Mid-Western Educational Researcher, 32(4), 286-303.
- Reeves, T. D., and Chiang, J. L. (2019). Effects of an asynchronous online data literacy intervention on pre-service and in-service teachers' beliefs, self-efficacy, and practices. Computers and Education, 136, 13-33.
- Reynolds, K., Triant, J., and Reeves, T. D. (2019). Patterns in how pre-service elementary teachers formulate evidence-based claims about student cognition. Journal of Education for Teaching, 45(2), 140-154.
- Reeves, T. D., and Chiang, J. L. (2018). Online interventions to promote teacher data-driven decision making: Optimizing design to maximize impact. Studies in Educational Evaluation, 59, 256-269.
- Walker, D. A., Reeves, T. D., and Smith, T. J. (2018). Confirmation of the Data Driven Decision- Making Efficacy and Anxiety Inventory's (3D-MEA) score factor structure among teachers. Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, 36(5), 477-491.
- Reeves, T. D. (2017). Equipping pre-service elementary teachers for data use in the classroom. Action in Teacher Education, 39(4), 361-380.
- Reeves, T. D., Tawfik, A. A., Msilu, F., and Simsek, I. (2017). What's in it for me? Incentives, learning, and completion in massive open online courses. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 49(3-4), 245-259.
- Reeves, T. D. (2017). Pre-service teachers' data use opportunities during student teaching. Teaching and Teacher Education, 63, 263-273.
Honors and Awards
- Awardee, Omnibus Award, Mid-Western Educational Research Association, 2022
- Awardee, Student Recruitment Award, Mid-Western Educational Research Association, 2017, 2018
- Awardee, Top Reviewer: Social Sciences, Publons, 2017
- Nominee, Journal Article Award, Association for Educational Communications and Technology's Division of Distance Learning, 2017
- Nominee, Faculty Member of the Year, Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning, Northern Illinois University, 2017
- Awardee, Sentinels of Science Award: Social Science, Publons, 2016
- Nominee, Alyce Kramer Marcus Outstanding Educator Award, College of Education, Northern Illinois University, 2014
- Certificate of Recognition for Mentoring, College of Education, Northern Illinois University, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Honorable Mention Dissertation Award, Advanced Studies of National Databases, Special Interest Group, American Educational Research Association, 2014
- Co-principal investigator (w/ principal investigator Jason Klein and co-principal investigators Ximena Burgin and Olha Ketsman), FY22 and FY23 Evaluation of Grow Your Own Teacher Education (GYO) Initiative, Illinois Board of Higher Education, $135,124
- Co-project evaluator (w/ project evaluator Peitau Zhu, principal investigator Cassandra Hill, and co-principal investigator Melody Mitchell), Northern Illinois University College of Law Diversity Scholars Program, Directed Intervention Grant Program, AccessLex Institute, $142,000 (funded)
- Project evaluator, NIU Noyce Science Teaching Scholarship and Internship Program, National Science Foundation (w/ principal investigator Nicole LaDue and co-principal investigators Daryl Dugas, Michael Eads, and Paul Fix), $1,450,000
- Project evaluator, CTE Improvement Project, Illinois State Board of Education (with co-principal investigators Kristin Brynteson and Jason Klein), $4,000,000
- Project evaluator, Barb City STEAM Team, Nita M. Lowey 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program, U.S. Department of Education (with principal investigator Kristin Brynteson), $150,000
- Project evaluator, Illinois Grow Your Own Teachers Grant Program, Illinois State Board of Education (with co-project evaluators Jason Klein and Alan Clemons), $70,000
- Project evaluator, Northern Illinois STEM Ready (NISR) Partnership, Math and Science Partnership, Illinois State Board of Education (with principal investigator Amy Jo Clemons and co-principal investigators Kristin Brynteson, Mary Shafer, and Sally Blake), $1,600,000
- Project evaluator, Scholarships and Enhanced Mentoring to Support Graduation of Students in Science and Mathematics, Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (S-STEM), National Science Foundation (with principal investigator Ralph Wheeler and co-principal investigators Nicole LaDue and Tim Hagen), $1,000,000
Selected Service to the Profession
- Member, Kaneland Connects Commitment Team, Kaneland CUSD #302
- Grant proposal reviewer, Scholars Program, William T. Grant Foundation
- External tenure and promotion reviewer, School of Education, Johns Hopkins University
- Division chair, Division D: Measurement and Research Methodology, Mid-Western Educational Research Association
- Member, Association Council, Mid-Western Educational Research Association