Todd Reeves, Ph.D.
DepartmentEducational Technology, Research and Assessment (ETRA)
Assessment, teacher education and development, and educational technology.
- Ph.D, Educational Research, Measurement, and Evaluation, Boston College
- M.A., Educational Psychology, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
- B.A., Psychology, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
- ETR 230: Using Data to Evaluate Programs, Policies, and Products
- ETR 430: Classroom Assessment in Elementary Education
- ETR 501: Proseminar in Educational Research and Evaluation
- ETR 520: Introduction to Educational Research
- ETR 521: Educational Statistics I
- ETR 522: Educational Statistics II
- ETR 528: Educational Assessment
- ETR 720: Advanced Research Methods in Education
- Reeves, T. D., and Chiang, J. L. (2019). Effects of an asynchronous online data literacy intervention on pre-service and in-service teachers' beliefs, self-efficacy, and practices. Computers and Education, 136, 13-33.
- Reynolds, K., Triant, J., and Reeves, T. D. (2019). Patterns in how pre-service elementary teachers formulate evidence-based claims about student cognition. Journal of Education for Teaching, 45(2), 140-154.
- Reeves, T. D., and Chiang, J. L. (2018). Online interventions to promote teacher data-driven decision making: Optimizing design to maximize impact. Studies in Educational Evaluation, 59, 256-269.
- Walker, D. A., Reeves, T. D., and Smith, T. J. (2018). Confirmation of the Data Driven Decision- Making Efficacy and Anxiety Inventory's (3D-MEA) score factor structure among teachers. Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, 36(5), 477-491.
- Reeves, T. D. (2017). Equipping pre-service elementary teachers for data use in the classroom. Action in Teacher Education, 39(4), 361-380.
- Reeves, T. D., Tawfik, A. A., Msilu, F., and Simsek, I. (2017). What's in it for me? Incentives, learning, and completion in massive open online courses. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 49(3-4), 245-259.
- Reeves, T. D. (2017). Pre-service teachers' data use opportunities during student teaching. Teaching and Teacher Education, 63, 263-273.
- Reeves, T. D., and Chiang, J. L. (2017). Building pre-service teacher capacity to use external assessment data: An intervention study. The Teacher Educator, 52(2), 155-172.
- Stich, A. E., and Reeves, T. D. (2017). Massive open online courses and underserved students in the United States. Internet and Higher Education, 32, 58-71.
- Reeves, T. D., Summers, K. H., and Grove, E. (2016). Examining the landscape of teacher learning for data use: The case of Illinois. Cogent Education, 3(1).
- Reeves, T. D., and Honig, S. L. (2015). A classroom assessment data literacy intervention for pre-service teachers. Teaching and Teacher Education, 50, 90-101.
Honors and Awards
- Awardee, Student Recruitment Award, Mid-Western Educational Research Association, 2017, 2018
- Awardee, Top Reviewer: Social Sciences, Publons, 2017
- Nominee, Journal Article Award, Association for Educational Communications and Technology's Division of Distance Learning, 2017
- Nominee, Faculty Member of the Year, Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning, Northern Illinois University, 2017
- Awardee, Sentinels of Science Award: Social Science, Publons, 2016
- Nominee, Alyce Kramer Marcus Outstanding Educator Award, College of Education, Northern Illinois University, 2014
- Certificate of Recognition for Mentoring, College of Education, Northern Illinois University, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Honorable Mention Dissertation Award, Advanced Studies of National Databases, Special Interest Group, American Educational Research Association, 2014
Selected Grant Work
- Project evaluator, Northern Illinois STEM Ready (NISR) Partnership, Math and Science Partnership, Illinois State Board of Education (with principal investigator Amy Jo Clemons and co-principal investigators Kristin Brynteson, Mary Shafer, and Sally Blake), $1,600,000
- Project evaluator, Scholarships and Enhanced Mentoring to Support Graduation of Students in Science and Mathematics, Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (S-STEM), National Science Foundation (with principal investigator Ralph Wheeler and co-principal investigators Nicole LaDue and Tim Hagen), $1,000,000