Ximena Burgin, Ed.D.
Assessment, culturally responsive classroom.
- Ed.D, Instructional Technology, Northern Illinois University
- M.S., Educational Research and Evaluation, Northern Illinois University
- M.S., Computer Science, Northeastern Illinois University
- B.A., Business Administration, Catholic University of Ecuador
- ETR-519: Applied Educational Research
- ETR-520: Introduction to Educational Research
- ETR 720: Advanced Research Methods in Education
Penrod, W. M., Griffin-Shirly, N., Hollinger, K., and Burgin, X. (accepted). The orientation and mobility specialist and braille: Point-counter point. Journal of Visual Impairment and Blindness.
Burgin, X., Van Laarhoven, T., Pinter, E., and DeSpain, S. (Accepted). Comparing cost effectiveness of video-based instruction versus extended school year for maintaining vocational skills of students with ASD. Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation.
Daniel, M. C. and Burgin, X. D. (accepted). Learning from the Literacy Practices of Guatemalan Educators at Escuela Pirámide: Empowering Learners to Question their World. Illinois Reading Council Journal - IRCJ.
Burgin, X. D., and Daniel, M. C. (accepted). Examining Ecuadorian Teachers’ Perspectives on their Students’ Multiculturalism. Intercultural Education.
Daniel, M. C. and Burgin, X. D. (2019). Exploring the Funds of Knowledge with 108 Guatemalan Teachers. GiST Education and Learning Research Journal, 18, 142-160.
Burgin, X. D. and Daniel, M. C. (2017). Exploring English language teaching in an Ecuadorian Urban Secondary Institution. GiST Education and Learning Research Journal, 14, 107-134.
Gabel Hall 204