The Higher Education program offers professional preparation for students at the master's and doctoral levels for entry-level and leadership roles in the fields higher education and student affairs.
- Dynamic, challenging and engaging coursework on topics such as:
- Leadership and administration
- Community development
- Social justice
- Adult learning theory
- Educational policy analysis
- Student development
- Continuing professional education
- Program assessment and evaluation
- Practical hands-on experiences gained through internships, assistantships and study abroad programs to such counties as Brazil, China, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Taiwan.
- An engaged community of practitioners and scholars actively pursuing educational research.
- Minor in Social Change Leadership - Designed to develop critical self-reflection, analytical and communication skills through leadership in various contexts, including student organizations, service learning, internships and a capstone project. (18-semester-hour progam)
- Master of Science in Higher Education and Student Affairs - Offering theoretical and methodological bases for professional development, while providing comprehensive pre-service education if you are seeking a career in student affairs and higher education. (36-semester-hour program)
- Doctor of Education in Higher Education - Beyond the master's degree that provides a flexible system of professional study, with course work in areas of educational policy, administration and research, to prepare both generalists and specialists in the field. (54-semester-hour program)
- Doctor of Education Community College Leadership Cohort Program Designed to prepare you to advance in a variety of administrative positions within community college. (54-semester-hour program)
- Higher Education
Department of Counseling and Higher Education