Todd A. Gilson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean of Research, Resources and Innovation
- Effective leadership in high-expectancy conditions.
- Relationship of confidence and performance.
- Motivation within achievement contexts.
- Athletic experiences.
- Ph.D. Michigan State University, Sport and Exercise Psychology
- M.S. Oregon State University, Human Performance
- B.S. Ohio Northern University, Sport Management
- Chow, G. M., Bird, M. D., Soendergaard, S., and Gilson, T. A. (in press). Alcohol consumption literacy, alcohol confrontation efficacy, and the educational and training needs of coaches to manage student-athlete alcohol misuse. Journal of Clinical Sport Psychology.
- Sur, M. H., Kim, S. Y., Zittel, L., and Gilson, T. A. (2021). Parental self-efficacy and practices in physical activity of young children with and without disabilities. Journal of Child and Family Studies 30, 1567-1576 (2021).
- Stults-Kolehmainen, M.A., Blacutt, M., Fogelman, N., Gilson, T.A., Stanforth, P.R., Divin, A.L., Bartholomew, J.B., Filgueiras, A., McKee, P.C., Ash, G.I., Ciccolo, J.T., Brotnow, L.D., Williamson, S.L., and Sinha, R. (2021). Measurement of motivation states for physical activity and sedentary behavior: Development and validation of the CRAVE scale. Frontiers in Psychology, 12.
- Stults-Kolehmainen, M. A., Blacutt, M., Bartholomew, J. B., Gilson, T. A., Ash, G. I., McKee, P. C., and Sinha, R. (2020). Motivation states for physical activity and sedentary behavior: Desire, urge, wanting and craving. Frontiers in Psychology, 11.
- Gilson, T. A. (2020). Building confidence from the ground up: Sources and strategies. In S. Rawat, O. Boe, and A. Piotrowski (Eds.). Military psychology response to post pandemic reconstruction. (pp. 801-825). Rawat Publications.
- Guillén, F., Feltz, D. L., Gilson, T. A., and Dithurbide, L. (2019). Psychometric properties of the Spanish version of the referee self-efficacy scale (REFS). Journal of Sport Psychology, 28, 15-24.
- Chow, G. M., and Gilson, T. A. (2018). Inventories: Using objective measures. In J. Taylor (Ed.). Assessment in sport psychology consulting (pp. 83-99). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Mead, J., Gilson, T. A., and Henning, M. B. (2017). An ethnographic person-centered study of leadership development in high school basketball team captains. Journal for the Study of Sports and Athletes in Education, 11, 216-241.
- Lochbaum, M., Jean-Noel, J., Pinar, C., and Gilson, T. A. (2017). A meta-analytic review of Elliot’s (1999) Hierarchical Model of Approach and Avoidance Motivation in the sport, physical activity, and physical education literature. Journal of Sport and Health Science, 6, 68-80.
- Gilson, T. A., Dix, M. A., and Lochbaum, M. (2017). ‘Drive on:’ The relationship between psychological variables and effective squad leadership. Military Psychology, 29, 58-67.
- KNPE 310 - Psychological Aspects of Sport and Exercise
- KNPE 393 - Social Aspects of Sport
- KNPE 399 - Mental Toughness for Sport and Exercise
- KNPE 582 - Psychology of Sport and Exercise
- KNPE 583 - Psychology of Coaching
- KNPE 586 - Sport: Culture and Society