Todd A. Gilson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Kinesiology and Acting Associate Dean of Research, Resources and Innovation
- Effective leadership in high-expectancy conditions
- Relationship of confidence and performance
- Motivation within achievement contexts
- Ph.D. Michigan State University, Sport and Exercise Psychology
- M.S. Oregon State University, Human Performance
- B.S. Ohio Northern University, Sport Management
- Mead, J., and Gilson, T. A. (in press). One high school basketball coach’s self-study of leadership development. Sport Coaching Review.
- Gilson, T. A., Dix, M. A., and Lochbaum, M. (in press). ‘Drive on:’ The relationship between psychological variables and effective squad leadership. Military Psychology.
- Chow, G. M., and Gilson, T. A. (in press). Inventories: Using objective measures. In J. Taylor (Ed.). Assessment in sport psychology consulting. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Lochbaum, M., Jean-Noel, J., Pinar, C., and Gilson, T. A. (in press). A meta-analytic review of Elliot’s (1999) Hierarchical Model of Approach and Avoidance Motivation in the sport, physical activity, and physical education literature. Journal of Sport and Health Science.
- Gilson, T. A., Latimer, M., and Lochbaum, M. (2015). Post-LDAC reflections of ROTC cadets: Relationship to leadership and performance. Journal of Applied Sport Psychology, 27, 235-248.
Gilson, T.A. (PI). Personality characteristics of Army ROTC cadets. NIU Research and Artistry Grant, $8,500. Submitted October 2012; Funded at 100 percent.
- KNPE 310 - Psychological Aspects of Sport and Exercise
- KNPE 393 - Social Aspects of Sport
- KNPE 399 - Mental Toughness for Sport and Exercise
- KNPE 582 - Psychology of Sport and Exercise
- KNPE 583 - Psychology of Coaching
- KNPE 586 - Sport: Culture and Society
Campus Life 110
Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education
Anderson Hall 221
DeKalb, IL 60115