- Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education
- Research and Outreach
- Oak Crest Retirement Center Exercise Program
Oak Crest Retirement Center Exercise Program
The Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education has partnered with Oak Crest Retirement Center in DeKalb, Illinois to offer an exercise program for the residents while providing students with clinical experience.
- A full-time graduate assistant is funded by Oak Crest.
- Equipment is supplied and maintained by the Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education.
- Students work individually with one or two clients per semester under the guidance of the graduate assistant.
- 1-3 hours of upper-division or graduate credit may be earned per semester.
- This clinical experience is required of all majors in the Preventive and Rehabilitative Exercise area of study.
- Non-majors may sign up for the class, which is an elective in the gerontology minor.