- Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education
- Current Student Resources
Current Student Resources
Undergraduate Advising Worksheets
- B.S. in Kinesiology (2019-20)
- B.S.Ed. in Physical Education Teacher Licensure (2019-20)
- B.S. in Sport Management (2019-20)
You can search and apply for scholarships with MyScholarships. Look for these current scholarships offered within the Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education:
- Miriam Anderson Scholarship
- Linda Kay Barnes Scholarship
- Judith A. Bischoff Scholarship
- Margaret May Duncan Scholarship
- Al Kranz Student Athletic Trainer Scholarship
- Lou Jean Moyer Scholarship
- Elizabeth A. Patterson Scholarship
- Physical Education Scholarship
- M. Joan Popp Scholarship
- Stroup-Dunn Scholarship
- Lela Trager Scholarship
Graduate Assistantships (GA)
Graduate assistantships, although limited, may be available to qualified students.
Graduate Assistantship opportunities include:
- NIU Intercollegiate Athletics
- NIU Campus Recreation
- Professional sports
- Amateur sports
- Community-based sport programs
- Private sport-related organizations
- NIU Human Resources
Please contact these departments separately to learn about the current openings in the respective departments.
Tuition is waived (including out-of-state tuition) for graduate assistants during the period of their appointment. However, assistantships do not provide payment for students’ fees.
A graduate assistant is obligated to provide up to 20 hours per week of service, if appointed full-time. An appointment to a graduate assistantship shall be for a specified period of time, usually August 16 through May 15. Graduate assistants are expected to carry nine credit hours per semester during the fall and spring semesters and must remain in good academic standing by maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.00 in all graduate-level course work.
For further detailed information, please contact Steve Howell, Ph.D., Director of Graduate Studies.
Prospective students wishing to be considered for a Graduate Assistantship within the Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education should send their resume to Jeanne Johnston at email@example.com, which outlines your qualifications for a Graduate Assistantship position complete a Graduate Assistantship Application. Please note that you must be officially admitted to your respective program in order to qualify and obtain an Graduate Assistantship.
**Priority consideration will be given to students who have been admitted into a graduate program within the Deparment of Kinesiology and Physical Education and submitted a resume by March 15.