Shaine Henert, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Kinesiology Program Director
Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Psychosocial aspects of physical activity
- Assessing factors associated with exercise behavior and adherence.
- Examining the effect of psychological skills training on physical activity performance.
- Assessing the psychosocial factors related to athletic injury and rehabilitation.
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota, Psychosocial Aspects of Physical Activity
- M.S., Michigan State University, Sport and Exercise Psychology
- B.S, Illinois State University, Psychology
- KNPE 305 – Psychological and Sociological Aspects of Exercise and Physical Activity
- KNPE 310 – Psychological Aspects of Sport and Exercise
- KNPE 582 – Psychology of Sport and Exercise
- KNPE 583 – Applied Sport Psychology
- KNPE 584 – Psychological Aspects of Athletic Injury and Rehabilitation
- KNPE 585 – Physical Activity, Healthy and Psychological Well-Being
- Rosado, A* and Henert, S. (2021). Attitudes toward eating and body weight and the psychological impact of weight loss on college wrestlers. Journal of Sport Behavior, 44(2),224-240.
- Henert, S., Jacobs, J., Wandahl-Alexander, Z. (2021). Let’s play! Exploring the impact of summer day camp participation on the physical and psychosocial experiences of diverse urban youth. Child & Adolescent Social Work Journal. Advanced online publication.
- Wright, P., Henert, S., Looney, M., and Gregory, E. (2021). Correlating self-efficacy for teaching personal and social development with other aspects of physical educators’ teaching self-efficacy. The Physical Educator, 78(2), 163-182.
- Lutsch, D.J., Camic, C.L., Jagim, A.R., Stefan, R.R., Cox, B.J., Tauber, R.N., and Henert, S.E. (2020). Effects of a multi-ingredient preworkout supplement versus caffeine on energy expenditure and feelings of fatigue during low-intensity treadmill exercise in college-aged males, Sports, 8, 132. doi:10.3390/sports8100132
- Sebastião, E., Henert, S. and Siqueira, V. A. (2020). Physical activity and physical function in older adults living in a retirement community: A cross-sectional analysis focusing on self-rated health. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine.
- Erickson, J.R., Camic, C.L. Jagim, A.R. Pellersels, P.M. Wright, G.A. Henert, S. and Foster, C. (2020). Effects of one versus two doses of a multi-ingredient pre-workout supplement on metabolic factors and perceived exertion during moderate-intensity running in females. Sports, 8(4), 52.
Recently Funded Projects
Henert, S. and Jacobs, J. Assessing the Impact of a Physical Activity-Based Summer Camp on Psychological and Physical Outcomes for a Diverse Urban Youth Population. College of Education Research and Artistry Grant. $2,500.