James D. Ressler, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Physical Education Teacher Education
- Adventure Based Learning
- School and University Partnerships
- Teacher Content Knowledge
- Positive Youth Development
- Ph.D. The Ohio State University, Physical Education Teacher Education
- M.S. Eastern Illinois University, Athletic Administration
- B.A. Baldwin-Wallace College, Physical Education and Sport Management
- Wen, X. and Ressler, J. (2019). Investigating water safety education in China: Discoveries and direction for global improvement. International Journal of Sports Sciences and Health, 5(9-10), 144-149.
- Wright, P., Howell, S., Jacobs, J., and Ressler, J. (2018). Immediate outcomes and implementation of a sport for development coach education programme in Belize. Journal of Sport for Development, 6(10), 51-65.
- Lehwald, H. and Ressler, J. (2017). Chapter 4: Basketball. In P. Ward and H. Lehwald (Eds.), Effective physical education content and instruction: An evidence-based and teacher-tested approach. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Ressler, J., Richards, K. A. R., and Wright, P. (2016). The sociopolitics of sport, physical education, and school health. International Journal of Sport Policy and Politics, 8(4), 745-748.
- Richards, K.A.R., and Ressler, J. (2016). A Collaborative Approach to Self-Study Research in Physical Education Teacher Education. Journal of Teaching Physical Education, 35, 290-295.
Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education
Anderson Hall 221
DeKalb, IL 60115