Zachary Wahl-Alexander, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Pedagogy
- Sport Education curriculum model
- Negotiated curriculum
- Professional development
- Ph.D. University of Alabama, Human Performance
- M.S. University of Alabama, Sport Pedagogy
- B.S. University of Georgia, Health and Physical Education
- Wahl-Alexander, Z., Sinelnikov, O., Curtner-Smith, M. (in press). A longitudinal analysis of students’ autobiographical memories of participation in multiple sport education seasons. European Physical Education Review.
- Washburn, N., & Wahl-Alexander, Z. (in press). Summer camps as a vehicle for instilling physical literacy. Camp Business.
- Schwamberger, B. & Wahl-Alexander, Z. (in press). Children’s activity levels and lesson context during summer swim instruction. The Physical Educator.
- Wahl-Alexander, Z. (2015). Creating the connection between university education programs and summer camps. Camping Magazine, 88(6), 52-54.
- Wahl-Alexander, Z. (2015). Practitioners' experiences creating and implementing an emotional recovery and physical activity program following a natural disaster. Strategies, 28(2), 17-20.
- Wahl-Alexander, Z., & Curtner-Smith, M. (2015). Influence of negotiations between preservice teachers and pupils on instruction within multi-activity and sport education units. Sport Education and Society, 20(7), 838-854.
- Wahl-Alexander, Z. (2014). Swim to the Top. Office of Community Affairs. Funded for $9,084.96.
- Wahl-Alexander, Z. (2011). Sport Education track and field culminating event. Hershey’s Track and Field Games. Funded for $500
- Wahl-Alexander, Z. (2011). Tuscaloosa Soccer Clinic Relief Effort. Do Something.org/ Seed Grant. Funded for $500
- KNPE 368 - Sport Education
- KNPE 421 - Curriculum Designs
Physical Activity and Life Skills Group
Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education
Anderson Hall 221
DeKalb, IL 60115